Cyber experts from around the world are set to gather in California this autumn for the 5th Annual Industrial Control Cybersecurity USA conference.
SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES, June 11, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — Taking place at the Citizens Hotel Sacramento, on 18th and 19th September 2018, the conference’s focus will be on how to protect critical national infrastructure from the threat of cyber-attack. It will also explore the intersection between IT and operational technology and how the proliferation of the Internet of Things (IoT) has not only greatly increased capacity for innovation across critical national infrastructure but also greatly enlarged the scope for devastating cyber attacks.
Comprised of a mix of presentations, roundtable working groups and panel sessions, key themes set to be explored this year include consequence driven engineering, cyber impacts on safety systems, securing the supply chain, how organisations can learn to better detect, respond to and recover from cyber attacks and how to embed resilience throughout an organisation.
Speakers at the event will include:
• Tim Yardley – Senior Associate Director of Technology and Workforce Development, Information Trust Institute at Illinois
• Zach Tudor – Associate Laboratory Director, National and Homeland Security, Idaho National Laboratory
• Andy Bochman – Senior Cyber and Energy Security Strategist, Idaho National Laboratory
• Andre Ristaino – Managing Director, ISA Security Compliance Institute
• Andy Kling – Director of Cyber Security and Architecture, Scheider Electric
• Tim Sanguinetti -Industrial Control Systems Cyber Security, Northern California Power Agency
• Karl Perlman – Cyber and Physical Security/Critical Infrastructure Protection SME, Energy Sector Security Consortium
• . Jeff Moore, Global Head Of Security Technologist, NIBR Novartis
• Nathan Faith, Corporate Nuclear Security – Cyber Security Manager, Exelon Generation
• Adam Traylor, Cyber Security Supervisor, Marathon Oil
• Daniel Michaud-Soucy – Principal Threat Analyst, Dragos Inc
• Senior Advisor- Cyber Intelligence Advisor, Major Oil and Gas firm
• Chris Blask – Unisys, Director, Industrial Control Systems
• Mo Javadi – Head of Engineering, Lagonic Engineering
• Rick Kaun – VP of Solutions, Verve Industrial Protection
• Kim Legalis – CMO, Nozomi Networks
Discussing the event, James Nesbitt, Director of event organiser Cyber Senate said: “The proliferation of IoT technology has greatly enhanced the technical capabilities of our major national assets, but also greatly increased their vulnerability to cyber attack.
“This event will bring together several global experts able to share their expertise in how to safely and effectively manage the integration of IT and operational technology, while managing and mitigating the threat of cyber attacks.
“This is a constantly evolving area, and asset owners being able to stay one step ahead of cyber attackers is a matter of national importance. The intelligence shared at this event has the potential to be instrumental in ensuring that they are able to tackle these dangers head-on.”
The event is supported by a number of strategic partners, including the ISA Security Compliance Institute, the International Electrotechnical Commission and the Industrial Cybersecurity Center
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire